List:       perl5-porters
Subject:    perlbug functionality updates for 5.32?
From:       Dan Book <grinnz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-03-23 23:22:04

As previously mentioned, I've opened a pull request to update perlbug's
functionality to better direct users how to report bugs in a way that will
be acted on[1]. I realize (now) we are in a code freeze, but is there any
mechanism by which an exception can be made for this change, provided it is
acceptable to the porters? I think it would be very unfortunate for 5.32 to
go out with a perlbug that still attempts to email perlbug@perl.org and
does not notify the user of the new issue tracker.

-Dan

[1] https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/17651