List:       perl5-porters
Subject:    Perl 5.31.10 is now available!
From:       Sawyer X <xsawyerx () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-03-20 21:48:35

   Remember me when I am gone away,
       Gone far away into the silent land;
       When you can no more hold me by the hand,
   Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
   Remember me when no more day by day
       You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
       Only remember me; you understand
   It will be late to counsel then or pray.
   Yet if you should forget me for a while
       And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
       For if the darkness and corruption leave
       A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
   Better by far you should forget and smile
       Than that you should remember and be sad.

     -- Christina Rossetti, "Remember"

We are glad to announce version 31.10,
the 11th development release of version 31 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.31.10 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.31.10/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  5f1ae9d3cf2429ac6a54fc244bd2513eea92a3f8  perl-5.31.10.tar.gz
  ccbf12f8a2cbc138624d1142a91a3f76448dc817  perl-5.31.10.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.31.10/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.31.10 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.31.9 and contains approximately 17,000 lines of changes across 180 files
from 29 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 9,000 lines of changes to 85 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.31.10:

Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Craig A. Berry, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Dan
Book, Daniel Dragan, Dave Rolsky, David Cantrell, David Mitchell, Hauke D,
H.Merijn Brand, Hugo van der Sanden, James E Keenan, John Lightsey, Karen
Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Nicolas R., Pali, Paul Evans, Peter Oliver,
Renee Baecker, Richard Leach, Sawyer X, Shlomi Fish, Stefan Seifert, Steve
Hay, Tomasz Konojacki, Tony Cook, Yves Orton, Zefram.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the "AUTHORS" file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release 5.32.0 this May, if all goes well.

Please, stay safe.

In hugs and bugs,
Sawyer X.