List:       perl5-porters
Subject:    Open Source Organizational Culture
From:       Marius Storm-Olsen <Marius.Storm-Olsen () student ! bi ! no>
Date:       2014-04-22 2:35:26

Hi,

I would like to request your participation in a survey on
    Open Source Organizational Culture,
which will provide valuable insight into how Open Source projects are run, how their \
participants act, how they might change going forward, and how particular Open Source \
projects compare with one another and with traditional business cultures. The survey \
will take 10-15 minutes to complete.

    http://bit.ly/osocas2014

Why?
----
The survey will be used as part of my thesis on Open Source Organizational Culture at \
BI Norwegian Business School (www.bi.no/en, or www.bi.edu), but in true Open Source \
spirit the raw - but anonymized - results will be open for all. So, your Open Source \
project will be able to massage and dissect the results any way you wish, and see how \
you compare with other projects out there.

Up until now, most research in Open Source culture has been based on mining mailing \
lists to find out how people act, who they interact with, and how projects organize \
themselves.

In this research we would rather ask the participants directly about how a project is \
managed and what should change for the project to be spectacularly successful.

When?
-----

The survey is open now through May 1st.

Where?
------

The bit.ly address brings you to the following survey

     https://osocas.2014.sgizmo.com/s3/

Remember that you can save your progress at any time and come back to the survey at a \
later point when you have time to finish it.

Who are you?
------------
My name is Marius Storm-Olsen, and I am currently working on a thesis on Open Source \
Organizational Culture. I've been an active part of Open Source for years, most \
notably on the Qt and Git projects. Although I have my own experiences to draw on in \
the thesis, they do not qualify for the Open Source community at large, hence the \
survey.

How to help?
If you want to help, feel free to forward this email to any Open Source project you \
would want to participate the survey. Once you have send the invitation, please \
either send me an email with the name of the project, or update the table shown on

    https://github.com/mstormo/OSOCAS/wiki

I do hope you can participate, and thank you for your consideration!

Best regards,
Marius Storm-Olsen
=