List:       perl5-porters
Subject:    Re: Pod-Plainer 1.01?
From:       jesse <jesse () fsck ! com>
Date:       2009-09-30 16:10:05

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 05:05:37PM +0100, Robin Barker wrote:
> Pod-Plainer 1.01 only added some documentation and fixed a problem in
> the CPAN Makefile.PL.
>
> While the module remains dual-lifed, I would prefer:
> 	the core version to remain at 1.00
> 	any bugs related to the core version to be dealt with in the
> core.
>
> If this is not "the way things are done" then please "do the right
> thing".

That's generally not the way things are done.  Divergent evolution of
modules leads to great sadness on the part of users and the developers
who need to support them.

We _can_ say "the core tracks whatever Robin does" so that you don't
really need to worry about it.  Or you can say "I don't want it any
more. It's the core's problem now."   Do either of those work for you?

There are likely several more options which aren't occuring to me.

Thanks,

Jesse