List:       perl5-porters
Subject:    Re: [perl #69450] Exporter does not work in multiple inheritance
From:       Bram <p5p () perl ! wizbit ! be>
Date:       2009-09-29 18:09:49

Citeren Jerome Quelin <jquelin@gmail.com>:

> On 09/09/29 18:58 +0200, Bram wrote:
>> Please show me a test case and the output of perl-5.10.0 and
>> perl-5.10.1. The only requirement is that the output in perl-5.10.0
>> is different then the output in perl-5.10.1.
>
> here it is:

Thanks for the feedback.

[...]

> so indeed, the problem comes from class::accessor::fast, that added some
> import magic. however, given the input that i had, it looked like a
> regression.

Some general information:

In reporting the bug you made two mistakes:

1) modifying your test case (replacing Class::Accessor::Fast with
IO::Socket) and only running it with perl-5.10.1. If you had ran it
with perl-5.10.0 you would have noticed that the output was the same.

2) misinterpreting the test reports:
The test matrix shows 4 passes and 1 failure for perl-5.10.1.
This essentially means that the failure does not always happen but
depends on *something*. In your bug report you didn't
address/investigate what *something* is/was. If it really was a
regression from perl-5.10.0 to perl-5.10.1 then I would have expected
to see 5 failures.

> so, sorry for the noise...

That's allright.. You are forgiven :)

Best regards,