List:       perl5-porters
Subject:    Re: [perl #49646] perlbug AutoReply: open ':locale' does not work under locale with the modifier
From:       Mashrab Kuvatov <kmashrab () uni-bremen ! de>
Date:       2008-01-15 14:17:42

I tried the patch proposed by Rafael Garcia-Suarez. It fixes the issue I
reported.

I think that in addition to Rafael's fix one has to fix the following logic in
encoding.pm:

 if ( not $locale_encoding && in_locale() ) {

I tried to print out $locale_encoding and in_locale() in LANG and LC_ALL set
to German (de_DE.UTF-8) and Uzbek Cyrillic (uz_UZ.UTF-8@cyrillic). In both
cases, $locale_encoding = UTF-8 and in_locale() = 0. So, it seems the above
logic should be

 if ( ( not $locale_encoding ) && in_locale() ) {

Actually, I do not understand how in_locale() works. However, my experiment
shows that it returns 0 as TRUE.

Mashrab.