List:       perl5-porters
Subject:    BBC(Bleadperl Breaks CPAN) Today: Sepia (0.95_02)
From:       andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR () franz ! ak ! mind ! de (Andreas J !  Koenig)
Date:       2007-11-30 7:31:02

Hi Sean,

as you may have noticed from cpantesters emails, your release of Sepia
(SEANO/Sepia-0.95_02.tar.gz) has issues with bleadperl. It seems that
only linux is affected. Slaven's table view shows this best:

    http://bbbike2.radzeit.de/~slaven/cpantestersmatrix.cgi?dist=Sepia&maxver=

With the usual BBC binary search approach I tracked the problem down
to patch 30610.

    (http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse/p/30610)
    Change 30610 by nicholas@nicholas-saigo on 2007/03/17 18:42:30

        PerlIO_importFILE() should increase the reference count on the fd
        that it brings into PerlIO managed space. (A long standing problem
        reported by Steve Hay)

Since that patch I see this test failure:

    http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/2007/11/msg816717.html

Maybe you "only" hit a problem with Expect::Simple. I have not tried
to analyse what's going on there. I just wanted to present the facts
as quickly as possible.

HTH,
--
andreas