List:       perl5-porters
Subject:    Re: #47600: Perl installation error
From:       Sriram Madduri <sriram.madduri () tcs ! com>
Date:       2007-11-29 12:32:36

--=_alternative 00443EE0652573A2_=

Andy,

That worked. Thanks a lot!!

The linker patch was all that was needed.

Thanks,
Sriram

Sriram Madduri
Team Member - C2B Development Offshore
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: sriram.madduri@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Phone: +91-40-6667-3323
Experience certainty. IT Services
   Business Solutions
   Outsourcing

Andy Dougherty <doughera@lafayette.edu>
11/28/2007 07:42 PM

Sriram Madduri <sriram.madduri@tcs.com>
cc
Perl Porters <perl5-porters@perl.org>
Subject
Re: #47600: Perl installation error

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Sriram Madduri wrote:

> Andy,
>
> I ran showrev -p here. I see a lot of things on my screen. So I did a
grep
> on 109147, and here's what I see...
>
> # showrev -p|grep 109147
> Patch: 109147-26

> Please tell me if this means something. Meanwhile I'll search SunSolve
for
> patches and contact my System Administrator.

Yes, that patch dates from November, 2003.  The current revision is
109147-44.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least that in order to support
Sun Studio 11 you might need to update the linker as well.

--
    Andy Dougherty                               doughera@lafayette.edu

ForwardSourceID:NT000068BA
and any attachments. Thank you