List:       perl5-porters
Subject:    Re: thoughts on pseudo-hash deprecation (was: Re: Beware    Class::Fields 0.14 in the CPAN - it brea
From:       A Bergman <sky () nanisky ! com>
Date:       2003-02-28 9:06:48

On fredag, feb 28, 2003, at 00:06 Europe/Stockholm, Ton Hospel wrote:

> The point of the mail was to indicate that use fields is NOT part
> of the pseudohash legacy, since it gives actual semantics hashes can't
> give you. In particular i want to indicate that if you are committed to
> keep "use fields" semantics, restricted hashes won't do.

Sure they do, in combination with  types.pm

We could integrate types.pm with the core and use it to replace the
COMPILETIME checking of the hashes, of course, I am part here since I
wrote most it.

(Even if it doesn't check member names currently, the infrastructure is
there, however I guess it must be rewritten as C since, uhm, it's slow
to verify perl from perl)

Arthur