List:       perl-xml
Subject:    XML::XPath question
From:       Dave Rolsky <autarch () urth ! org>
Date:       2001-03-20 22:36:38

In reading the docs I came across this statement:

       It is very much recommended that you use only 1 XPath
       object throughout the life of your application.

Does this mean that I'll have problems doing this:

my $xp1 = XML::XPath->new( filename => 'foo.xml' );
my $xp2 = XML::XPath->new( filename => 'bar.xml' );

If it doesn't mean this then the statement is fairly confusing.  If it
does mean this then that seems to preclude a fairly reasonable usage.

-dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun