List:       perl-xml
Subject:    Re: RE: Newbie Help with XML:Parser and XML:Element
From:       Duncan Cameron <dcameron () bcs ! org ! uk>
Date:       2001-03-12 22:39:20

Noah

You shouldn't need to install XML::Element as it's part of the standard ActiveState \
distribution.  Look in the 'site/lib' directory tree.

If it's really not there then your problem is caused by trying to install a 5xx \
module into a 6xx build.  The ppm files for  ActiveState 5xx builds are not \
compatible with the 6xx builds.

The message "Could not locate a ppd file for package 'XML-Element' for this platform" \
means that you're trying to install a 5xx package for a 6xx build. I think that the \
5xx ppd file has a line like <ARCHITECTURE NAME="MSWin32-x86-object" />

whereas the value for a 6xx build is something else (I don't remember what).

The best thing is to go to the Active State site and download versions built for 6xx.
If the module is Perl only, then you can download from CPAN and build it yourself:

perl makefile.pl
nmake
ppm install

Regards,
Duncan Cameron

On 2001-03-12 at 21:05:00, "Noah Genner" <ngenner@compusense.com> wrote concerning \
'RE: Newbie Help with XML:Parser and XML:Element':