List:       perl-xml
Subject:    Re: XML::LibXML development
From:       Christian Glahn <christian.glahn () uibk ! ac ! at>
Date:       2005-03-31 13:24:30

Hi Tim,

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 15:17 +0100, Tim Brody wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone maintaining LibXML?
> Is there a CVS with the latest devel version?

yes, I still maintain the module. and the development went on, although
the cvs repository is neither publicly accessible nor up to date for a
couple of reasons.

> I can't access axkit's CVS (not publicly accessible?). I would like to
> enable threads-support on the next release, otherwise I'm forced to work
> with 1.58 (April 2004)!

I apologise for the delay of the new (and stable) release.

The next release is feature complete already, although I had no time to
run the entire regression test suite, yet.

However, thread support is not yet implemented. The reason for this is
basically, that I have a brief idea of how perl threading and no clue
yet, how to make it work correct with libxml2's implementation.

If you have a proper solution to make the module thread safe and if you
can provide at least some regression tests tho prove things to work, I
most likely apply these changes.

Christian.