List:       perl-xml
Subject:    Re: Problem adding elements with new namespace to XML::Twig
From:       Robin Berjon <robin.berjon () expway ! fr>
Date:       2005-03-17 16:14:37

Michel Rodriguez wrote:
> I haven't thought much about it, but I would think that having XML::Twig
> manage the creation of the namespace declaration would be either simple
> (by assuming that all namespace declarations should be on the root of
> the document) but potentially annoying (if the assumption is not true)
> or quite a bit more complex, probably with an impact on the performances
> (need to test all element insertion/creation) to do it properly. It
> seems to me that the module user is probably in the best position to do
> this efficiently and at the right place.

There's a third option which is to do it upon serialization only. That's
generally how the DOM handles it. DOM 3 Core has an appendix with algos
to do namespace normalization that you may want to look into if you want
to provide that option. (Isn't XML::Twig the swiss army chainsaw of XML
processing tools? Shouldn't it DWIM? :)

--
Robin Berjon
   Research Scientist