List:       perl-xml
Subject:    Re: New modules on CPAN: Class::XML, XML::Overlay
From:       Matt Trout <mstrout () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-22 17:33:55

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:19:49 -0400, Thomas, Mark - BLS CTR
<thomas.mark@bls.gov> wrote:
> > I played with the .Net XMLSerializer classes a while back and
> > rather liked them, but couldn't find anything that did
> > something similar in perl, so I decided I'd implement it :)
> >
> > Class::XML provides XML serialization/de-serialization and is
> > mostly inspired by the Class::DBI interface;
>
> Very cool! Check out my earlier post on the Class-DBI list, where I said
> that Perl needs a Class::XML:

I really really expected there to already be something like this in
existance. Having discovered there wasn't, there was only really one
option available to me ;)

> although what I had in mind was an equivalent to Java's XMLBean, which is
> schema-driven. I guess that would translate to Class::XML::Loader -- anyone
> want to tackle that? :)

I believe James O'Sullivan of http://www.ogre3d.org/ is working on a
Class::XML::Generate which does exactly what you're talking about. I'd
suggest interested parties give him a shout if they want to help (I've
bcc'ed him on this mail so he knows it's my fault :)