List:       perl-xml
Subject:    Re: Methodology request (long-ish)
From:       wren argetlahm <phreelance () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-05-14 0:00:51

Thanks all for the many suggestions. I will take a
look at both XSLT and Twig, although both sound like
they have a not insignificant learning curve, which at
the moment may interfere with some other things I'm
learning (RSS, CSS, Apache, Perl-CGI, higher level
XML).

As far as the question of supplying code or not, I
personally like to write code and (perhaps more
imortantly) understand it. Getting a little framework
of X module/technology in action helps a lot for
jumpstarting that understanding, especially if there
are comments or good documentation to elucidate what's
actually going on. Frequently documentation assumes a
certain level of understanding--of the technology
(e.g. XML), of the language (e.g. Perl), or of the
module itself (e.g. XML::Twig)--which are usually only
had after you're using the documentation for reference
rather than learning. Hence getting a framework of an
answer is helpful, though getting prepackaged code is
less so.

Thanks again all,
~wren