List:       perl-xml
Subject:    Re: XML::XLST and xsl:copy-of
From:       perl-xml () sam-i-am ! com
Date:       2004-04-28 16:35:44

> > I'm finding I get just get the text values (like value-of), not the element
> > tree.
>
> Er, it should get the tree.  However it isn't being tested and so might
> not actually work :-s  If you could supply my with a small test case,
> including a small sample XML, the specific XSLT and the expected output
> then I will shove a test in.

After writing I went back and looked though XSLT.pm again. It looks what I'm
trying to do should work (and I believe you if you say it does :) so I'm back
to suspecting my code or stylesheet - neither is above suspicion. I'll play
with it some more and come back with a test case if I still have problems.

> This is quite an old version.  I made a release 0.48 on February 20 this
> year, it's just that the PPM has not been updated with this.
> Potentially you could download the CPAN version and just replace the .pm
> file.

is Randy Kobe on this list? I think I'm getting the xml-related PPMs from his
repository.

> Things are a bit slow on the module as I am the only person actively
> working on it and I don't really have the time to devote to it that I
> would like. I'm always looking for new people to help if anyone is
> interested.

My sympathies and thanks for the effort you've given it. I don't think my help
would be helpful as I'm still getting comfortable with xml & xlst. I will shout
encouragement from the sidelines though.

> XML::LibXSLT is going to be faster by a long way as the majority of the
> code is in the libxslt C library, whereas XML::XSLT and XML::DOM are
> both pure Perl modules.

Good to know, I had thought that might be the case.

thanks again for the response.
Sam (i-am)