List:       perl-xml
Subject:    XML::XPath : adding support for namespace-uri
From:       <kynn () panix ! com>
Date:       2004-04-15 2:46:55

Hi, all.

Currently XML::XPath does not support the function namespace-uri, but
after looking at the code for XML::XPath I looks to me like it would
be a very easy to add this support.  But maybe it's not as easy as it
looks to me.  (I'm kind of green at everything relating to XML...)

Already the XML::XPath::XMLParser has a stack to keep track of the
current namespace (though it is not being popped at all; it only
grows, but this is easy to fix).  I'm thinking that it would be simply
a matter of having the XMLParser object attach a copy of the current
namespace to every entity node as it is generated, and adding suitable
namespace accessors to the Node class and subclasses.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

kj