List:       perl-xml
Subject:    Re: ns declaration attributes (was [ANN] XML::SAX::ExpatXS 0.98)
From:       Robin Berjon <robin.berjon () expway ! fr>
Date:       2004-04-14 17:04:05

Michel Rodriguez wrote:
> BTW this bothered me mostly when using XML::SAX::Writer, on the consumer
> side. I had to bolt in a whole lot of code to just output properly the
> namespaces declarations, which was quite a pain as they were treated as
> regular attributes in the rest of my code. But I am working on it.

Note that you can fix XSW to deal happily with SAX streams that aren't
properly namespace-aware, but other SAX handlers won't be as tolerant so
it's better to fix it on the generation side.

And if you find the generation side too painful, perhaps a filter doing
the fixup would be better? XSW already returns XF::BufferText, it could
return a longer pipeline.

--
Robin Berjon