List:       perl-xml
Subject:    XML::Twig and selecting entries
From:       Al Lilianstrom <lilianstrom () fnal ! gov>
Date:       2003-11-15 22:10:04

Hi,

I've been using XML::Twig for a couple of weeks to generate reports from
some Microsoft created XML files. I've come across a situation where
both a user initiated application and a system app update the same XML
file. I'm trying to select the last entry that was updated by a user.

The only difference in the entries is in the entry start tag.

  <entry loc="en" time="2003-10-30T19:49:13" user="FRI\al (al)"
  </entry>

  <entry loc="en" time="2003-10-31T03:00:22" user="System (scheduled
synchronization)">
  </entry>

Is there a way to only select entries that contain, for example, the
user=FRI string? I've been looking at the docs all afternoon and
probably just don't see it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

	al
--