List:       perl-xml
Subject:    Perl/XML coding tutorials/resources
From:       Adam Luchjenbroers <Adam () Luchjenbroers ! com>
Date:       2003-02-11 5:55:21

So far, I have written a few simple shell scripts that parse XML files by
using basic string analysis, eg

if ( substr($line,0,7) == "<player" )

It functions and is quite sufficient for the task I'm using it for, but I
still wonder if there is a better (eg. more efficient/more versatile) method
of doing it.

Any resources you could point me towards would be useful.

--
"taking advice on what the GPL means from Microsoft is like taking Stalin's
word on the meaning of the US Constitution." - Eben Moglen