List:       perl-win32-web
Subject:    Re: ?SQL queries-inner joins (references)?
From:       Mark <giglmon () excite ! com>
Date:       2001-04-26 20:11:34

There are 2 online references that I found useful. Of course the Win32
version is vague and the other is targeted for Unix but by using a little
from both you may be able to accomplish the task.

Win32 DBI
http://perl.xotechnologies.net/tutorials/DBI/DBI-ODBC.htm

WDVL Perl and DBI
http://www.wdvl.com/Authoring/DB/Intro/script.html

Good Luck,
Mark Bergeron

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:11:08 -0700, Perl wrote:

|  Win2kpro
|  Perl 623 -Win32::OLE
|  MS Access 2k (relational db)
|

|  I am new to perl and databases. I can connect to the database and pull
|  records from it to display in an ASP script, but I need to create some
very
|  complex SQL statements to get what I really need.
|
|  my current (testing) SQL is:
|   $rst->Open( "SELECT bus_name, bus_address, bus_city, bus_state, bus_zip
|  FROM bus_info ORDER by bus_name $sort", "bak_health_net_test" );
|

|  I can generate the queries I need in MS Access, then view the SQL, but
|  placing that, with all it's [].[] & ((( ))) for inner joins does not work
|  with the the above SQL.
|
|  Is there an online reference available that can show me how to properly
|  insert SQL queries to Access DBs ?
|

|  Thanks for any assistance,
|

|  Chris Lerma

"It's only a model"