List:       perl-win32-web
Subject:    PerlIIS.dll fails to load - but scripts still work
From:       Matt Yurek <matt () webloyalty ! com>
Date:       2000-11-27 15:47:36

  "The HTTP Filter DLL D:\Perl\bin\PerlIS.dll failed to
   load.  The data is the error.  For additional information
   specific to this message please visit the Microsoft
   Online Support site located at:
   http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp"

I am getting this error in my event log when my Win2k Server
(IIS 5.0, SP1) loads inetinfo.exe - Scripts still work fine
on the webserver though, so this is more of a "keep my event
log clean and the errors to a minimum" thing than anything
else.  I've removed perl.exe from the server configuration
(whoever uses perl.exe instead of PerlIIS.dll better have a
darn good reason for doing so, or get their head checked, but
I digress) and assigned *.pl to the PerlIIS.dll filter.

Anyone else have any clue about this one?

Thanks,
Matt
--
matt yurek, MCSE+I