List:       perl-win32-web
Subject:    RE: OK - why doesn't BinaryWrite work here
From:       Mike Trinder <mike.trinder () millerhare ! com>
Date:       2000-11-24 11:55:33

[snip]
> This doesn't work at all - I get a zero byte content-length:
>
> <%@ Language=PerlScript %><%
>

> use Win32::Internet;
> use Win32::OLE;
>
> $Connection = Win32::Internet->new();
>
> 	$Response->{Buffer} = 1;
> 	$Response->Clear;
> 	$Response->{ContentType} = 'image/jpeg';
>
> 	$file =
> $Connection->FetchURL('http://an.IP.addr.ess/lib/foo.jpg');
> 	$Response->BinaryWrite(Win32::OLE::Variant->new(
> VT_UI1, $file ));
>
> 	$Response->End;
>
> %>

OK - why is it as soon as you post a problem, you work out
what was wrong. That should be use Win32::OLE::Variant; there,
upon which we get a response, but it is still too short and
badly mangled. Anyone know anything about how Win32::Internet
functions in PerlScript in an ASP page?

Mike Trinder