List:       perl-win32-web
Subject:    RE: path filter with IIS and ActivePerl
From:       Henning_Møller-Nielsen <henning.nielsen () datagraf ! dk>
Date:       2003-02-13 19:04:44

> From: Remo Hofer [mailto:remo.nospam@gmx.net]
> To: perl-win32-web@listserv.ActiveState.com
>
> Is it possible with IIS 5.0 and ActivePerl (5.6.1 I think) to
> implement
> a path filter?
>
> E.g. if the URL http://www.host.com/myscript.pl/foo/bar.htm
> is requested,
> then myscript.pl is called and it somehow (ISAPI or CGI) gets the
> parameter foo/bar.htm.
>
> How do I configure perl and IIS to do this?

I know a quick and easy way to do this, but it is perhaps a hack. I use it often, \
though.

Set IIS to point to a directory with one file in it - a script file with an unlikely \
name. Then set IIS to direct all 404 responses to this script via the URL method. The \
script will then receive the path in the $ENV{'QUERY_STRING'} variable, with '404;' \
prepended.

I think you would have to manually send a 'HTTP/1.1 200 OK' response header for this \
to really work smoothly, but that is it.

/Henning