List:       perl-win32-users
Subject:    PerlCOM performance questions
From:       "Henry Lee" <hlee () ncommand ! net>
Date:       2000-10-31 1:17:35

From an EXE, when I use PerlCOM to call a script's function via the
"UsePackage" method, does the Perl interpreter get loaded in the same
memory space as the EXE?  If so, how much memory(MBytes) does it usually
take up?

I am taking this approach on my webserver.  If I have 100 web users
accessing the same page that calls this PerlCOM subroutine, will there
essentially be 100 instances of the Perl interpreter loaded in the same
memory space as the webserver?  If this is the case, can someone advise
me on a more efficient and performance improved technique?  Thanks.