List:       perl-win32-users
Subject:    Re: Is there a Visual Studio IDE PKG (package) file for Perl
From:       llornkcor <llornkcor () llornkcor ! com>
Date:       1999-10-01 11:49:52

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Wilson, Brent wrote:

>Is there a Visual Studio IDE PKG (package) file for Perl? Where can I
>get it?

>I want Visual Studio to "understand" Perl and take advantage of its
>highlighting features.

Hmm, there is an API to be able to write macros, and "add-on's".
If you just want Visual Studio to highlight perl code, I think you'd have to
add .pl and .pm to the highlighting extensions, but as I am not at my windows
machine currently, I can't check. You'd also have to add perl "keywords".

Once I get to the windows machine, I will see what I can come up with.
Personally, I use emacs for both OS's, to edit any code.

>What editor is commonly used on Win32 platforms? I know any will work. I
>want one that integrates with a VCS, debugger, and highlight the code.

>Brent
>"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [perl-win32-users@progressive-comp.com]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         leave-perl-win32-users-90392J@lyris.activestate.com
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         ListHelp@ActiveState.com