List:       perl-win32-users
Subject:    Testing libdbx -- used in mail::transport::dbx
From:       "Phillip Richcreek" <pwrichcreek () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-12 3:11:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I posted this topic in the Activeperl list almost three days ago and have
not had any response.

I'm working with the author of libdbx, which is a C program used in
mail::transport::dbx, to troubleshoot a problem I'm experiencing when using
mail::transport::dbx. The libdbx program is distributed as a DLL in the perl
package.

I've been in contact with Dave Smith, who authored libdbx. He is not able to
devote much time to working on the problem and has agreed to spend a limited
amount of time guiding me in troubleshooting the problem. I've been unable
to contact the author of mail::transport::dbx, Tassilo von Parseval
tassilo.parseval@post.rwth-aachen.de, so I'm undertaking the perl side of
the troubleshooting myself. (I believe the problem lies in libdbx, not
anywhere in the perl package.)

The plan is to re-compile the libdbx and test it with some C code provided
by the author. If I am able to fix the problem (in libdbx)  that I'm
experiencing, I'd like to try substituting the testing (re-compiled) version
of libdbx into the existing mail::transport:dbx.

Where can I find a HOWTO explaining what steps I need to take to
(temporarily) run the existing mail::transport::dbx code with the
re-compiled libdbx? I will be doing my testing in a Windows environment.

TIA,

Phil