List:       perl-win32-users
Subject:    Re: Issues in using a MinGW build
From:       Ari Jolma <ari.jolma () tkk ! fi>
Date:       2006-06-09 14:46:05

Ari Jolma kirjoitti:
> ...after some limited testing it looks like most of the problems and
> strangenesses go away when I use the new dmake all the time :-)

Not all, Glib and Gtk2 definitely need these into the last $(LD) commands:

* -shared instead of -mdll
* -Wl,--out-implib=blib\arch\auto\Gtk2\libGtk2.dll.a or ..Glib..
* d:/perl/site/lib/auto/Glib/libGlib.dll.a (Gtk2 only)

and if one builds modules that depend on these and have C code
libGlib.dll.a and libGtk2.dll.a have to be added to the LIBS.

Ari