List:       perl-win32-users
Subject:    Problems connection to ODBC-DSN (was: Re: ssh and Term::ReadKey on
From:       Alexander Apprich <a.apprich () science-computing ! de>
Date:       2004-08-27 5:56:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Rohit,

first of all, please do not hijack a thread. For other it's hard
to follow and you probably won't get the help you need.

Rohit Nagpal wrote:
 > Hi Alexander,
 > I have been using win32::ODBC , after downloading and installing ODBC.pm
 > from perl site. But when I test to connect to sql server from .pl
file and
 > run it in browser, it gives as error
 > "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user
 > 'EOWYN2\IUSR_EOWYN'." EOWYN2 is my PC name...Do you have any idea
what could
 > be the reason.

Hmmm, have you tried your script in a command shell? Have you ever
successfully connect to you Database using perl? Login failed could
be a missing password?! I'm not really into ODBC-Perl programming,
so I can just provide a "best guess".

An excellent source are the books of Dave Roth, he is also the author
of Win32::ODBC and he has a FAQ about ODBC on his website

    http://www.roth.net/odbc/odbcfaq.htm

Attached is a example script from "Win32 Perl Programming: The Standard
Extensions, Second Edition "by Dave Roth. Chapter 7 example 7.22 to be
exact. If I read this script correct, you start it from cmd like this

    C:\>perl Example07_22.pl Your_DSN-Name

 > I am attaching .pl file too.
 >
 > -Rohit

Hth

Alex

[snipped original post}

["Example07_22.pl" (text/x-perl)]

#  Example 7.22: Using the GetConnectOptions() and SetConnectOptions() methods
#  ----------------------------------------
#  From "Win32 Perl Programming: The Standard Extensions Second Edition" by Dave Roth
#  Published by Macmillan Technical Publishing.
#  ISBN # 1-57870-216-X
print "From the book 'Win32 Perl Programming: The Standard Extensions, Second \
Edition'\nby Dave Roth\n\n";

use Win32::ODBC;
my $DSN = shift @ARGV || "MyDSN";
my $db = new Win32::ODBC( $DSN ) || die "Error: " . Win32::ODBC::Error();
my $TraceFile = "C:\\TEMP\\TRACE.SQL";
if($db->GetConnectOption( $db->SQL_OPT_TRACE ) == $db->SQL_OPT_TRACE_OFF )
{
  $db->SetConnectOption( $db->SQL_OPT_TRACEFILE, $TraceFile );
  $db->SetConnectOption( $db->SQL_OPT_TRACE, $db->SQL_OPT_TRACE_ON );
  print "ODBC tracing is now active.\n";
}
else
{
  $TraceFile = $db->GetConnectOption( $db->SQL_OPT_TRACEFILE );
  print "Tracing is already active.\n";
}
print "The ODBC tracefile is '$TraceFile'.\n";
# ...continue with your code...
$db->Close();

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]