List:       perl-win32-users
Subject:    Problems with Term::ReadLine::Perl / Term::ReadkKey
From:       Tom Schmit <tpschmit () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-07-30 16:28:58

     I installed Term::ReadLine::Perl and
Term::ReadkKey but the line editing, history, and
completion are not working. I get the following
console output when I run the test program, the
debugger, Alak, or anything that uses these modules.
Has anyone else gotten them working? Any special
tricks? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

C:\Perl\site\lib\Games>perl Alak.pm
Lookahead set to 3.  I am X, you are O.
Enter h for help
X moves from 1 to 5, yielding .xxxx..oooo
SetConsoleMode failed, LastError=|6| at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Term/ReadKey.pm line 245.
alak>

C:\Perl\site\lib\Games>perl -v

This is perl, v5.6.1 built for
MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

Copyright 1987-2001, Larry Wall

Binary build 633 provided by ActiveState Corp.
http://www.ActiveState.com
Built 21:33:05 Jun 17 2002