List:       perl-win32-users
Subject:    Re: Perl to C module test Could this be right?
From:       "Michael D. Smith" <msmith67 () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2002-06-30 7:52:34

I just tried out the C:\Perl\html\lib\B module

with this command line

perl -MO=CC,-mFoo,-oFoo.c Foo.pm

On this one line perl script

      unless ($^O =~ /MSWin32/i) {die "Only Win32 OS";}

And that thing output 326 lines into Foo.c. I figured that getting the
Windows environmental variables might not be as easy in C as in perl but
326 lines seems a bit off the high side. They said it was still buggy, Is
that what they are talking about? Or does it take (more or less) that many
lines to get Win environmental variables using the C programming language?

Any thoughts?

ms