List:       perl-win32-users
Subject:    (no subject)
From:       "Matthew Bartlett" <matthew.bartlett () unitedadvertising ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-03-01 10:08:57

Hi there.
I have a problem where I need to get the result of if the year is divisible
by 4 then do one thing and if not do another.
The problem is I need to force perl to use just whole numbers as 4 is always
going to divide. Is there any way of doing this?

Below I have provided the snippit of my code.

if ($month =~ "02") {
	if ($year / 4) {
		$day = "29";
		print "hey";
	} else {
		$day = "28";
		print "wayhey";
	}

matthew.bartlett@unitedadvertising.co.uk
United Advertising Publications Plc. Poole BH15 1LL, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1202 445507  Fax: +44 (0)1202 445149

<http://www.ixm.co.uk/>, <http://www.privatevillas.co.uk/>
<http://www.daltons.co.uk/>, <http://www.autoexchange.co.uk/>
<http://www.uap-computergroup.com/>, <http://www.iem-net.co.uk>

IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of United News & Media. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message, please do not read, copy,
use or disclose this communication and notify the sender immediately. It
should be noted that any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or  taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

["winmail.dat" (application/ms-tnef)]