List:       perl-win32-porters
Subject:    Re: [OT] MakeMaker 'xs_o section' and dmake
From:       Sisyphus <kalinabears () iinet ! net ! au>
Date:       2005-02-20 20:44:34

Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
> Sisyphus <kalinabears@iinet.net.au> writes:
>
>>(That's copied from MM_Win95.pm, btw.) But that doesn't work for dmake,
>>because, according to comments in MM_Win95.pm, "having to choose between
>>.xs -> .c -> .o and .xs -> .o confuses dmake". My tests confirm that
>>those comments are accurate.
>>
>>Does anybody have a version of sub xs_o() that works with dmake ? (Or
>>any suggestions ?)
>

> Why doesn't xs->c c->o work for PDL?

I really don't know. I tried removing everything from the c_o, xs_c, and
xs_o sections in the Makefile - and then adding back in bits and pieces,
copying in stuff from MM_Win95.pm, etc. - but no matter what I try, the
result never varies.

Either I haven't yet filled those sections with what dmake needs, or
dmake simply does not look at those sections.

There's an updated dmake source (version 4.3) around somewhere. I'll see
if I can get anywhere with it.

Cheers,
Rob