List:       perl-win32-admin
Subject:    Re: 405 ERROR
From:       "Jenda Krynicky" <Jenda () McCann ! cz>
Date:       1999-12-30 17:45:42

> I am getting this error!
> HTTP Error 405
> 405 Method Not Allowed
>
> The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource
> identified by the request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME type
> set up for the resource you are requesting.
>
> Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.
>
> My PERL SCRIPT IS SIMPLE :
>
> #!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe
> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> print "<h1>Hello World!<\/H1>";

I betthe problem is in the server setup. You probably did not add the
.pl extension into Script Map (Sorry, do not remember where is this
setting in PWS). So the server doesn't even try to execute the
script.

Try to download the URL http://lee/cgi-bin/test.pl. I bet you'll get
the code.

Jenda
== Jenda@Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==
 The phenomenon of UFO doesn't say anything about
    the presence of intelligence in space.
  It just shows how rare it is here on the earth.
                                    A.C.Clarke

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-admin as: [perl-win32-admin@progressive-comp.com]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         leave-perl-win32-admin-90393O@lyris.activestate.com
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         ListHelp@ActiveState.com