List:       perl-win32-admin
Subject:    Re: Problem using the Mail:Sender Module
From:       "Jenda Krynicky" <Jenda () McCann ! cz>
Date:       1999-12-21 17:08:08

> I have an XML document that is being parsed.  When the parsing fails due to
> an invalid XML document, I am capturing the error message from the parser
> and sending it as an attached file in an email to the person responsible
> for
> the file.  I have the email working, however, I cannot get the file to
> attach.  Below is the code for the emailer part which runs a batch file
> that
> runs the parser.  I see the file being created and see the error messages
> being written to the file, and receive the email that is sent off due to
> the
> error, however, I am not getting the file attached to the email.  I am not
> sure where I am going wrong in the code.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joanna
>
> *************** CODE ********************
>
> $args = "D:/Cup/Xml/Perl/ProductImport.bat";
> if (system($args) != 0)
> {
>
>   #### SEND EMAIL ####
>   BEGIN { $| = 1; print "1..1\n"; }
>   END {print "not ok 1\n" unless $loaded;}
>   use Mail::Sender;
>   $loaded = 1;
>   print "ok 1\n";
>                 ref ($sender = new Mail::Sender({from =>
> 'jgilberti@ftpoint.com',smtp
>          => 'mail.ftpoint.com'})) or die "$Mail::Sender::Error\n";
> (ref ($sender->MailMsg({to =>'jgilberti@ftpoint.com', subject =>

I thought you wanted to MailFile, or not ? ;-)

MailMsg ignores the file=> parameter, you have to use MailFile if
you want to attach something.

Jenda

== Jenda@Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==
 The phenomenon of UFO doesn't say anything about
    the presence of intelligence in space.
  It just shows how rare it is here on the earth.
                                    A.C.Clarke

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-admin as: [perl-win32-admin@progressive-comp.com]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         leave-perl-win32-admin-90393O@lyris.activestate.com
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         ListHelp@ActiveState.com