List:       perl-win32-admin
Subject:    RE: NT Shares
From:       "Bullock, Howard A." <HBullock () tycoelectronics ! com>
Date:       1999-12-18 4:11:34

> # Connect to Shares
> 'net use \\webserver\e$ /user:domain\joe *' || warn "cannot CD to
> WebServer: $!";
> but it does not prompt me for a password?!?
>
> It just executes the rest of the script.

[Bullock, Howard A.]
Use a "\" to precede the $ and *. Also use a back tick not a single quote.
Double check your NET USE syntax.
`net use \* \\\\pipsqueak\\c\$ \* /user:domain\\user` || warn "cannot CD to
WebServer: $!";
The above syntax pauses but does not prompt for a password. You type one in
and the drive is connected.

You can also place the password after the share in place of the asterisk.
Any special characters will have to be preceded by a backslash.

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-admin as: [perl-win32-admin@progressive-comp.com]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         leave-perl-win32-admin-90393O@lyris.activestate.com
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         ListHelp@ActiveState.com