List:       perl-qa
Subject:    Re: App::Prove::History
From:       "Andrew Moore" <amoore () mooresystems ! com>
Date:       2008-09-19 13:00:22

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Ovid <publiustemp-perlqa3@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have the basics of "App::Prove::History" working (not yet releasable), and it's \
> time to ask what people want in it.  Should I just store the results of individual \
> test programs or also the results of individual tests? TAP streams? Something else \
> entirely?

Hi Ovid -

Would it be possible and useful to store enough information that front
ends like smolder can be used on top of this? I'm not sure if that
means that one could generate a TAP::Harness::Archive out of the
App::Prove::History database, or if it means that something like
smolder could pull its data directly from the A::P::H database. I
obviously don't have an obvious enough use case for you, but storing
test results in tarballs and in SQLite databases seems vaguely
similar, so perhaps they could be interchangeable.

-Andy