List:       perl-qa
Subject:    Re: IETF
From:       Salve J Nilsen <sjn () pvv ! org>
Date:       2008-08-18 16:04:44

Aristotle Pagaltzis said:
> * Ovid <publiustemp-perlqa3@yahoo.com> [2008-08-18 15:30]:
>>
>> Schwern, I can't tell from reading the references you provide whether
>> or what you're saying is correct, but I *think* so.
>
> I think your initial mail was misleading and Schwern promptly
> misunderstood you. What Salve brought up is not that the *working group*
> needs to attend IETF meetings thrice yearly, but *the chairman* of the
> WG does.
>
> We're talking about one person, the chair, not about the entire
> working group.

As I see it, The purpose of the IETF meetings are to give WG members
well-planned and regular opportunities for high-bandwidth discussions
about their issues. I haven't seen any requirements that WG Chairs MUST
attend these, but according to RFC 2418 section 6.1, it's the Chair's
responsibility to help the discussions move forward, including by
arranging BOFs at IETF meetings.

There are lots of details here I don't know about, so I propose we wait a
little with this discussion until we have the WG mailing list up and
running, where Lisa Dusseault and Chris Newman can answer questions like
these.

I've sent in the request for setting up the list now, and everyone who
voted +1 for list creation has been added already. :)

- Salve

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
sub AUTOLOAD{$AUTOLOAD=~/.*::(\d+)/;seek(DATA,$1,0);print#  Salve Joshua Nilsen