List:       perl-qa
Subject:    Alpha software (was Re: Making CPAN ratings easy) of choice)
From:       Paul Johnson <paul () pjcj ! net>
Date:       2008-07-02 10:48:00

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 02:09:06AM -0500, Rick Fisk wrote:

>                  (as a digression, why is Devel::Cover - a module released
> over 5 years ago and with several updates still labeled 'alpha' by its
> author?)

To digress further, that one's easy.  In fact, the answer is in the docs
right after I say that it is alpha software:

    I consider this software to have an alpha status.  By that I mean that I
    reserve the right to alter the interface in a backwards incompatible
    manner without incrementing the major version number.  I specifically do
    not mean that this software is full of bugs or missing key features.
    Although I'm making no guarantees on that front either.  In short, if
    you are looking for code coverage software for Perl, you have probably
    come to the end of your search.  For more of my opinions on this
    subject, see http://pjcj.sytes.net/notes/2007/03/14#alpha

--
Paul Johnson - paul@pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net