List:       perl-qa
Subject:    Smoking from GIT
From:       "H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2008-06-06 11:18:14

With git eminent after the release of perl-5.8.9, we need to discuss the
best way to continue smoking blead (and the other tracks) from git.

When perforce is closed,  and the move to git is final, we will not have
perforce change numbers anymore,  and we do not know if rsync will still
be available and if it will come with a .patch file.

The .patch file was used not only for reporting exactly  what version of
perl was used, but also to determine if a smoke is really wanted  (using
smartsmoke)  and to report that level in the Subject: line of the posted
reports.

I'd like to invite all people that have (good)  ideas about the subject,
and/or good git knowledge to discuss this on IRC.

Abe and I just opened #smoke on irc.perl.org

--
H.Merijn Brand         Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using & porting perl 5.6.2, 5.8.x, 5.10.x  on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00, 11.11,