List:       perl-mailbox
Subject:    Mail::Box - Modifying header w/ index value
From:       "Todd Richmond" <richmond () proofpoint ! com>
Date:       2005-07-21 7:08:47

I need to modify individual headers in a group with the same attribute name
and have not been able to find a method to do so. My current goal is to
rewrite To and CC headers (including refolding), but it is a general problem
I need to solve (Received...). There is a well documented method to set() a
header, but it doesn't take an index like get() does. I have also tried to
get an array of fields and then modify the index I want, but there is no
write API that I can find for Field objects. Finally, I tried a few
combinations of deleting the field and using reset(), but I either ran into
the documented issue caused by refcounts or ended with no change. I also
reviewed Field::Fast code and could not find any code that changed the
blessed array of private data ([1]) so what am I missing?

Thanks,
    Todd Richmond