List:       perl-mailbox
Subject:    Mail::Box v2.026 [SMTP & SPAM]
From:       Mark Overmeer <Mark () Overmeer ! net>
Date:       2002-10-07 20:54:32

Greetings to all,

I have just release Mail::Box v2.026, with some improvements in bounce()
and smtp send().  No-one could tell me how they should work together,
but then I had a bright moment (I hope this time the final one)  Now, you
can say:

    Mail::Message->read(\*STDIN)->bounce(To => 'somewhere')->send

bounce() adds here a 'Resent-To' (and -Date and -Message-ID) field to the
most recently added 'Received' group, unless you specify a 'Received'
field yourself.

send() takes the last 'Resent-To' (and -Cc and -Bcc), which defaults to
the usual 'To' (and 'Cc' and 'Bcc'), just like the sendmail command does.

Furthermore: I have added Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin, which requires
Mail::SpamAssassin.  It is not fast, but works.  SMTP authentication and
connection of a weird port number do work now as well.

I promiss that I will try to get the number of error messages for the
tests on Windows and Cygwin down for the next release. Greg and Osfameron:
your last mailings are still waiting in my inbox to be processed.

A full list of changes is attached. My sources tell me that IMAP and POP3
are on the move!  Hang on!
--
Enjoy,
               MarkOv       %-]

drs Mark A.C.J. Overmeer                                MARKOV Solutions
       Mark@Overmeer.net                          solutions@overmeer.net

version 2.026: Mon Oct  7 23:39:07 CEST 2002

	Fixes:

	- Default package for $msg->send was broken.  Reported by
	 [Jeremy Banks]

	Improvements:

	- Mail::Message::Field::wellformedName() produces better results,
	  thanks to [Emmet Cailfield]

	- Many more tests are succeeding under Windows, since
	  [Greg Matheson] sent me the output of the tests based
	  on Test::More.  Thanks Greg!

	- Mail::Transport::SMTP warns when send(To => $to) is used where
	  send(to => $to) is needed.  [Jeremy Banks]

	- Mail::Message::Head::ResentGroup::set(field)       added
	  Mail::Message::Head::ResentGroup::createReceived() added
	  Mail::Message::Head::ResentGroup::destinations()   added

	- Mail::Message::Construct::bounce() now adds Resent-* lines
	  to the first Received line, if available.

	- Mail::Message::Head::ResentGroup::new() creates a received
	  field if not defined.

	- Mail::Message::Head::Clone uses $head->addNoRealize i.s.o add(),
	  and thereby does not re-fold the headers anymore.

	- Deleting or resetting a non-existing field in the header will
	  not flag the message to be 'modified'.

	- Implemented Mail::Box::Search::SpamAssassin, a spam filter

	- Implemented Mail::Message::Wrapper::SpamAssassin, a wrapper
	  used in the new spam filter.

	- Implemented authorization for SMTP, based in work by
	  [Michael de Beer]

	- X-Spam-* headers are not disclosed for transmission.