List:       perl-mailbox
Subject:    Re[2]: Bounce
From:       Jeremy_Banks () tab ! co ! nz
Date:       2002-10-03 21:18:00

Thanks for the explanations.  Still a little confused.  Can I actually bounce a
message to someone other than the original recipient?  If so how?

Subject:  Re: Bounce
Author:   mailbox@perl.overmeer.net
Date:          3/10/2002 6:48 p.m.

     * Jeremy_Banks@tab.co.nz (Jeremy_Banks@tab.co.nz) [021003 06:24]:
     >    $_->bounce(To => 'banks')->send(via => 'smtp');
     >    $_->bounce(Mail::Message::Head::ResentGroup->new(To => 'banks'))
     >       ->send(via => 'smtp');

     You've seen my public question about what the default behavior should be.
     I'll fix the docs and/or the code for that next week.

     > This gave me the same result but also gave me the warning:
     > INTERNAL: Message header required for ResentGroup
     > ERROR: No `Received' field specified.

     Resent groups in the header start with an obligatory 'Received' line, so
     if you need a Resent-To, you must specify a 'Received' as well.  For now,
     I have improved the docs of bounce() to show it.

     Someone has offered me to implement a way to easily create Received
     fields.  It would also be nice to have a way to create a default
     Received field.  Contributions?  Anyone?

     > I tried changing 'To' to 'to', it just seems to send it back to the
     message
     > recipient regardless.

     in bounce(To => $to), the 'To' refers directly to a header fields.  In many
     places in Mail::Box, the capital is used to separate header fields from
     other options.

     in send(to => $to), the 'to' is an option which overrules the 'To' header
     from the message.  It is consequent, but prone to errors.  I have added
     a warning to Mail/Transport/SMTP.pm and dedicated it to you ;)

     > Also there is still some debug code left in the
     > Mail::Transport::SMTP::trySend subroutine: which spits out some warns.

     :( again

     Sorry that you bump into all these things.  Either most people do not use
     smtp but sendmail, or they not complain enough.  Please continue
     complaining.
     --
     Thanks,
                    MarkOv       %-]

     drs Mark A.C.J. Overmeer                                MARKOV Solutions
            Mark@Overmeer.net                          solutions@overmeer.net

This email with any attachments is confidential and may be
subject to legal privilege.  If it is not intended for you please
reply immediately, destroy it and do not copy, disclose or use
it in any way.