List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    Re: "" is not exported by the Net::LDAP::Constant module
From:       Graham Barr <gbarr () pobox ! com>
Date:       2008-08-26 14:59:16

On Aug 26, 2008, at 7:49 AM, ocns pcns wrote:
> The Issue:
>
>   "" is not exported by the Net::LDAP::Constant module at
> select_bsid.pl line 32
>    at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10/Net/LDAP/Constant.pm line 25
>           Net::LDAP::Constant::import(undef, undef) called at
> select_bsid.pl line 32
>         main::BEGIN() called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10/Net/
> LDAP.pm line 3 2
>         eval {...} called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10/Net/
> LDAP.pm line 32
>   Can't continue after import errors at select_bsid.pl line 32

Something strange is going on here. Net:LDAP::import delegates to
Net::LDAP::Constant::import, but it only passes the arguments it was
passed. use Net::LDAP; should not pass any arguments, but somehow
undef,undef is being passed.

THis code has not changed in a long time, so we need to determine
where those undef values come from. Could you modify Net/LDAP.pm and
add the following line as the first line of sub import, before the shift

   require Carp; Carp::cluck(scalar @_);

Graham.