List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    Re: Shuffled value with Net::LDAP::Entry->get_value()
From:       63.251.223.186
Date:       2008-03-26 14:47:01

Hi,

On Mar 26, 12:49 pm, jle...@gmail.com (Jle...@Gmail.Com) wrote:
> When listing a great number of entries with method 2, one can see that
> mail and password values are often inverted, but sometimes the mail
> is correct but the password has some login-like value.
>
> I'm really puzzle by the behaviour.  Any clue would be welcome.

Usually, one should not reply to himself but I've found a partial
answer.

I noticed that some attributes have multiple values.  After reading
the
documentation thoroughly, I understood that in these cases, the
get_value() method will return the first value when called in scalar
context.  Using a list context solved all my problems, albeit this
does
not explain why some values were shuffled.

Regards,
--
Jeremie LE HEN
jlehen%gmail.com@localhost