List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    Re: ldap with my sql
From:       Justin Alcorn <justin () jalcorn ! net>
Date:       2007-07-13 14:38:08

It's straightforward with a perl script using Net::Ldap and DBI.  Even
easier, just output the SQL statements to insert from a script.  See the
online documentation for each command, pseudo code is:

$mesg = search ldap for entries
while ($entry = $mesg->pop_entry()) {
   $field1 = $entry->get_value('field1');
   print "INSERT INTO table1 (field1,field2...) VALUES
('$field1','$field2'...);\n";
}

But the question is...why?  LDAP is a perfectly reasonable way to store
and report on directory data.