List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    RE: Help - Password Modify Extended Operation
From:       "Vanole, Mike" <mike.vanole () cingular ! com>
Date:       2007-04-23 17:56:24

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the Password Modify Extended Operation
working. I have successfully installed it, and I can view it from the
Console under cn=config features, but when I try to view if it's
"supported" using perl (code below) I can't get it to show up. This is
probably an LDAP config issue, but I thought I'd start here with the
questions. I'm new to LDAP so I'm not even sure what information to
provide.

Thank you,

Mike

Using Sun Java System Directory Server

Net::LDAP v0.33

Perl 5.8.5

Added as Directory Manager with ldapmodify command (success)

dn: oid=1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.11.1,cn=features,cn=config

objectClass: top

objectClass: directoryServerFeature

oid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.11.1

cn: Password Modify Extended Operation

aci: (targetattr != "aci")(version 3.0;

 acl "Password Modify Extended Operation

 "; allow( read, search, compare, proxy ) (roledn = "ldap:///cn=Password
Managers,dc=edc,dc=cingular,dc=net");)

Perl code:

my $admin = 'cn=Directory Manager';

my $password = 'password';

my $version = 3;

my $mesg;

my $ldap = new Net::LDAP( 'server2.edc.cingular.net', port => 389,
timeout => 10) or die "$@";

$mesg = $ldap->bind ( dn => $admin, password => $password, version =>
$version);

die($mesg->error) if $mesg->code;

my $rootdse = $ldap->root_dse();

@extn = $rootdse->get_value('supportedExtension');