List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    Re: How Do I Create MS Terminal Services Users
From:       Erik Ableson <eableson () mac ! com>
Date:       2005-10-12 5:38:14

If you're looking to set the Terminal Services Profile information, I
think you're out of luck with the LDAP approach for the moment.  The
'attributes' presented by the Active Directory Users & Groups UI that
permits you to manage the terminal services profile directory etc,
are all rolled into a binary blob and stuck in the TerminalServices
attribute.  Even the MS documentation states simply that they're
stored in an 'opaque' format - no further details are available to
let you roll your own.

I had to deal with this one recently, and the only simple solution I
was able to find was to write a VBscript that sets these values and
is launched from your perl script, passing in the variables of the
userDN, and parameters for the TS settings.  The catches you have to
pay attention to are to ensure that you always address the server
where you're creating the objects, since if you just address the
domain you might end up attached to a DC that hasn't yet replicated
the user objects you created.

I'm offline at the moment but I can dig up the links and a couple of
examples if you need them.  Otherwise, just search the MS KB for the
attribute TerminalServices.

Cheers,

Erik