List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    is there a minimal LDAP server written in Perl?
From:       134.174.8.118
Date:       2005-04-13 19:27:59

(also posted on comp.lang.perl.misc)

I did searches on this, but there don't appear to be any LDAP servers
written in Perl.  Net::LDAP has modules that will help with the task,
sure, but no one has put them together.

I am interested in writing such a beast for minimal read-only access
to a list of entries (with more functionality later, perhaps), so
before I begin I want to make sure I'm not reinventing the wheel.
Does anyone know?

I saw a 2003 thread which suggested using OpenLDAP, but I'm really not
interested in doing that, and there didn't seem to be any success
coming out of that thread anyhow.  I prefer doing a small pure Perl
implementation, something like tinyldap but with the power of Perl
behind it.

Thanks
Ted