List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    Re: Apache and ldap how i can do this.
From:       Rod Jenkins <perl () rodandmichelle ! com>
Date:       2005-04-02 8:17:21

On Apr 2, 2005, at 1:55 AM, Danny Carroll wrote:

>> We have a internal webpage at work where all employees can see
>> information about their benifits, team calendar, insurance...etc
>>
>> Now we want to put login authentication at team level (i mean we have
>> department cost code at extension-attribute-2 )
>>
>> My question is after email id and password from user, how can
>> authenticate it? (Against AD)
>

> I am not sure I understand your problem but I will give it a go...
> I also dont understand where perl-ldap comes into this...
>
> First off, for apache and LDAP you'll want to use the mod_auth_ldap
> from
> http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/mod_auth_ldap/mod_auth_ldap.html
>
> It's better and more flexible than the one bundled with apache....
> You can specify filters at different web page levels for
> authentication.
>
> Good luck...
> -D

Danny is absolutely correct.  We authenticate everything via ldap.  I
found it easy to write a sub that returns the ldap record as a hash,
then from there it is a compare.  Do a google for "Net::LDAP examples"
The examples you will find will be pretty much what you will need.
There is nothing special to what you want to do.

Rod.